FW Meetup Eastern Sierra Oct. 7

Jeffrey

Supporting Member
I'll be in the area between Bishop and Lee Vining, CA from Oct 7 to 11th. Jim is hoping to be there that weekend as are a couple of others here. We're thinking of a dinner meet and greet that Sunday. Could be at the Pizza Factory in Bishop or the Whoa Nellie Deli in LV or in between. If you are interested, please reply to this thread. Oh, and we can photograph the fall colors, too!

JimFox

Staff member
Thanks for starting this Jeffrey.

I will be up there the 6th and 7th, so I am up for eating. Either Bishop, Mammoth or Lee Vining is fine for me, I might lean towards Bishop. I don’t know that I care about Who Nellie Diner for meeting, their sitting area isn’t real conducive to a larger group. But what ever we all decide is fine.

Dave Dillemuth

7th works for me. I'll be staying in Mammoth but flexible to go to either LV or Bishop. I'll just plan my late afternoon/evening shot locale accordingly.

Timmeh

Supporting Member
7th also works for me. I will also be in Mammoth, so north or south are fine for me. Mammoth itself has some decent food as well.

JimFox

Staff member
7th also works for me. I will also be in Mammoth, so north or south are fine for me. Mammoth itself has some decent food as well.
What are some good options in Mammoth? Since they closed Whisky Creek years ago I haven’t found any good places to eat there.

Timmeh

Supporting Member
I've been to Giovanni's Pizza a few times and it's been good. Mammoth Brewing Company had pretty good beer and reasonable food though my only data point was after a four day hike.

JimFox

Staff member
I am waiting to hear if Doug will be able to make it, but I am leaning towards 3pm at Schat's BBQ in Bishop. They have good food, and it's a nice relaxed atmosphere. From there we can all go shoot somewhere around Bishop for Sunset?

Jeffrey

Supporting Member
I'm going to suggest the Mountain Rambler Brewery, 186 S Main St, Bishop, CA. It's in the rear of the parking lot to the right of the building that once was the Mountain Light Gallery. Not far from the Line Ave intersection. Great brews made on site and interesting foods. Easy parking and it's across the street from the 395 store, if anyone cares.

http://www.mountainramblerbrewery.com/new-index#welcome

Top Bottom