Friday's Focus - 2019/09/13 - Hills

JimFox

Staff member
Friday's Focus this week is on Hills.

Soon, many of us will be in the mountains shooting fall colors. In working up to those tall mountains, I thought we could start off with some low hills.

Please add your Hill photos to this thread.

I will start with a shot from some local hills that I call "Contrasts" since the tower with the power lines in it contrasts with the natural hills and wildflowers.

Jim

_DSC6444_dw.jpg

Ken Rennie

I thought that someone had picked this topic just for me. After all I live in a country where what I call mountains you call hills. Having gone through half of my 75,000 images I find that I seldom photograph hills, lots of trees on top of hills but the hills are really not the subject. So to the other side of the world, New Zealand South Island.
_DSF4793-1b-1.jpg

The next one is really an image of a church on a hill, but what a hill. This is a volcanic plug in Le Puy in Southern France and I did climb up and go into the beautiful little church on top
_DSF9926.jpg

Thank you for choosing his subject as you have reminded me that I have lived in many places with beautiful hills but have never gone out to photograph them. Ken

Top Bottom