Friday's Focus - 2019/09/06 - Fall Colors

Dean

Just beautiful everybody.. I think its going to be a great fall. many of us will be heading out in 3 weeks to get the first blast.
Here are a few from the North east:
Rondout Creek:
_28A0346-Edit-2.jpg

Gil Brook Adirondacks:
Dean Cobin 1.jpg

Little Long Pond Harriman State Park:
_MG_0842.jpg

The Elk Pen Harriman State Park:
_28A0071-6-Edit.jpg

Jeffrey

Craig, I'm taken by those fabulous foreground reeds against the water.

Bart, Love that structure. So Adirondack.

Kudos to everyone. These are all very nice.

Amy Nelson

Amy,

WOWSER! The second one you posted - What a shot - color bursts out, and the foreground shadows also add some great interest (from grasses or reeds I am assuming...)

Just a fantastic shot that stands out in an already long list of fantastic shots posted here.

ML
Thank you very much Mike!

Trent Watts

So many amazing images. What a treat to look through.
Makes me realize that living in a bit more northern climate we are already well into fall colours. This was taken yesterday just out of Saskatoon along the South Saskatchewan River.
This is a pano made in Lightroom. I'm a real novice at this and not sure how to prevent the wrong angle of the tree reflections. I also used sky replacement as the original was very bland. All comments welcome.
T9092407-Pano-Edit-Edit.jpg

AlanLichty

Makes me realize that living in a bit more northern climate we are already well into fall colours. This was taken yesterday just out of Saskatoon along the South Saskatchewan River.
This is a pano made in Lightroom. I'm a real novice at this and not sure how to prevent the wrong angle of the tree reflections. I also used sky replacement as the original was very bland. All comments welcome.
Neat to see an old thread like this resurface 4 years down the road :)

You are way ahead of us for fall colors if you have leaves turning already at lower elevations. This looks quite nice. Which pano stitching method did you use in LR (spherical, cylindrical or perspective) ? I find that sometimes it helps to try out the different geometries depending on the scene being stitched.

larryj

Boy you guys and gals are setting a high bar with all the amazing fall images in this thread. I will add a few of mine that I hope you will like!

From 2021, Fish Lake near Telluride, Colorado.

Bear Creek 2014

Maroon Bells 2015

Aspen everywhere on Kenosha Pass, 2014

Last edited:

AlanLichty

Boy you guys and gals are setting a high bar with all the amazing fall images in this thread. I will add a few of mine that I hope you will like!

Bear Creek 2014

Maroon Bells 2015

Wow - seeing all the fall colors in this old thread really has me wishing the fall leaves were changing already. Beautiful scenes in all of these images Larry and especially the intense golds of the Rocky Mountain aspens. I love the atmospherics in the first image.

Trent Watts

Neat to see an old thread like this resurface 4 years down the road :)

You are way ahead of us for fall colors if you have leaves turning already at lower elevations. This looks quite nice. Which pano stitching method did you use in LR (spherical, cylindrical or perspective) ? I find that sometimes it helps to try out the different geometries depending on the scene being stitched.
Thanks Alan... I will look into those other options.

JimFox

Staff member
View attachment 65086
Hey Trent,

It's great that Jon revived this old thread. And that's awesome to have you contribute to it.

A very nice pano here, it's neat to see the trees laid out like that. As for the reflection, the trees angling in on the ends is normal, but you can correct it with the Warp Tool, but pull out that corner to straighten the trees back out.

JimFox

Staff member

Bear Creek 2014

Maroon Bells 2015

That's a really great set Larry. I know Fish Lake well, and you did well there. The clouds in it are really sweet. And the Maroon Bells image, I like your off the trail image. That puts a very nice twist to it.

Top Bottom