Friday’s Focus - Canyons - 2019/08/09

JimFox

Staff member
Sorry for the delay in starting our Focus, I am in the road.

The Focus this Friday is on Canyon’s.

So please add your Canyon photos to this thread.

I will start off with a photo that I took this morning from the Black Canyon of the Gunnison. To be different, this won’t show the Canyon but is next to it.

Jim

38D7C62F-35CC-4F89-A892-F0C9D6FB13C7.jpeg

Ken Rennie

Just in case you thought that we didn't have gorges in Europe here is the Gorges de Verdon in Provence in France. Although not epic in size it is just over 2000 ft deep. I cycled here in 2014 and although these images aren't great I thought that you would like to see them. Trying to get to the best places, at the best time, to take advantages of the best light is a bit difficult on a bike. Ken
_DSF1731-1.jpg
_DSF1819-3.jpg
_DSF1840-1.jpg

JimFox

Staff member
Just in case you thought that we didn't have gorges in Europe here is the Gorges de Verdon in Provence in France. Although not epic in size it is just over 2000 ft deep. I cycled here in 2014 and although these images aren't great I thought that you would like to see them. Trying to get to the best places, at the best time, to take advantages of the best light is a bit difficult on a bike. KenView attachment 20528 View attachment 20529 View attachment 20530
Awesome views Ken! I like the color of that water. I sure bet it is hard getting to Prime locations at Prime time.

MonikaC

Just in case you thought that we didn't have gorges in Europe here is the Gorges de Verdon in Provence in France. Although not epic in size it is just over 2000 ft deep. I cycled here in 2014 and although these images aren't great I thought that you would like to see them. Trying to get to the best places, at the best time, to take advantages of the best light is a bit difficult on a bike. KenView attachment 20528 View attachment 20529 View attachment 20530
I used to climb there when my husband had teaching gigs in the EU. Beautiful limestone!

Top Bottom