Electricity in the Air....

Ben Egbert

Forum Helper
Staff member
Great work never thought of doing it that way. I get tons of noise at real long exposures on my 5Dsr, how do you deal with it?

AlanLichty

I like the result of the long exposure to get the multiple bolts like this. Nice work.

Great work never thought of doing it that way. I get tons of noise at real long exposures on my 5Dsr, how do you deal with it?
She won't get anywhere near the amount of noise with the EOS R that you get with your 5Dsr.

Jameel Hyder

Staff member
Have you tried using long exposure NR? It take another exposure with the shutter closed and subtracts that. As long as the exposure is managed properly noise is not an issue with 5DsR. I have done long exposures with a 10 stop ND filter for seascapes of the order of minutes.

Amy Nelson

Thanks Ben! Here is the original image out of camera (except I removed the embarrassing dust/dirt spots from the lens), as you can see the noise really isn't too bad like Alan said. Add with normal processing most of it disappears.
07-25-2019 - Lightning Original.jpg

Ben Egbert

Forum Helper
Staff member
I normally use long exposure NR, but I have almost never used Bulb so I am not sure how to initiate it there. Jim will vouch for how bad my noise was.

MonikaC

Wow - I'd take that in lieu of a sunset! The B&W is very dramatic, but I also like the color of the sky in the original.

Top Bottom