Deer Point

AlanLichty

Not my usual M.O. but I had limited views along a hike today and some incredibly harsh sunlight so I decided to shoot it anyway and go straight to B&W for processing. I could not find a clear view of the coastline anywhere along the trail I was on short of levitating past the trees and hovering a couple hundred feet above the Pacific and last time I checked that wasn't working well for me :D

For the record even if I had a drone there was no place to launch from in the forest.

C&C always welcome.

JimFox

Staff member
So... you can’t just like hold the drone like a frisbee and toss it through the branch’s and let it fly? :oops:

I like the B&W

Jim Dockery

Alan, going very slow with object avoidance turned off on your drone, you would be surprised at the small gaps in trees you can fly through - up to the right of those branches looks doable.

dan swiger

Not my usual M.O. but I had limited views along a hike today and some incredibly harsh sunlight so I decided to shoot it anyway and go straight to B&W for processing. I could not find a clear view of the coastline anywhere along the trail I was on short of levitating past the trees and hovering a couple hundred feet above the Pacific and last time I checked that wasn't working well for me :D

For the record even if I had a drone there was no place to launch from in the forest.

C&C always welcome.
Nice work Alan! Really like the mood & feel of this one. The seas mist is sweet

beavens

Forum Helper
It's engaging and gripping, Alan. Almost surreal or semi-abstract.

The branches reach across like tendrils, causing all kinds of visual chaos/confusion. Contrasted nicely by the soft/low contrast/serene misty hills.

Jeff

Top Bottom