Cream of Wheat

JimFox

Staff member
With all of my traveling it’s been almost impossible to do any processing, so this is a quick one from this morning. The 9 year old granddaughter has a gymnastics meet this morning, it’s one of the reasons I left Yellowstone on Friday to get back to my daughters so I could see her compete.

The gym is out in the middle of a cornfield literally... there is farm land all around it. Last night I had seen a field of wheat driving by my daughters and the title “Cream of Wheat” after the hot cereal from my childhood came to mind. So then I decided I needed to take a photo to match the title, and a blurry field of wheat came to mind.

Being as there was no wind this morning, I stopped down the camera as much as I could for a slow shutter speed and zoomed in while shooting. This I think was about 1/5th of a sec. I did a quick processing while my granddaughter is warming up before their meet.

All comments are welcome.

Jim

29201409-605B-4437-BDDA-36E346FAB0F0.jpeg

AlanLichty

Interesting result - I have seen this technique employed for a variety of subjects but never a field of wheat before. Makes a nice abstract.

Amy Earl

Fascinating, Jim! I like your technique, I'd like to try that sometime. A fitting title, as well.

That's so nice that you attend your granddaughter's meets! I have fond memories of doing gymnastics and competing for a number of years (til high school).

JimFox

Staff member
Interesting result - I have seen this technique employed for a variety of subjects but never a field of wheat before. Makes a nice abstract.
Thanks Alan. Considering it is as daylight out, and I had no polarizer or ND filter on I was happy to be able to even get this effect.

JimFox

Staff member
Fascinating, Jim! I like your technique, I'd like to try that sometime. A fitting title, as well.

That's so nice that you attend your granddaughter's meets! I have fond memories of doing gymnastics and competing for a number of years (til high school).
Thanks a lot Amy!

It was fun to be able to attend. Despite the distance between California and Colorado I try to stay as involved as possible. I am best buddy’s with the grandkids and we do lots of things together.

Top Bottom