Chicago Details

JimFox

Staff member
Very cool Tex. I am glad you made a trip back there. Are the colors on there reflections for another building or what's the light source for the orange stripes?

Tex Schneider

Ambassador
Looks neat but I do have to wonder what doing this adds to the construction costs.[/QUOTE]

Alan: I am not sure about the costs but, it does make for a much more interesting city environment! In Miami developers are required to enhance the look of parking structures. You'll see structures that are very architecturally interesting. They are 'wrapped', so to speak, in an interesting design. LA and SoCal could learn a big lesson from Miami.

Examples:
_A3A0302.jpg

_A3A0317.jpg

Tex Schneider

Ambassador
Very cool Tex. I am glad you made a trip back there. Are the colors on there reflections for another building or what's the light source for the orange stripes?
Jim: I think I was walking in the theatre district for this one. The colors are the reflection from the Nederlander theatre sign directly across the street.

AlanLichty

Looks neat but I do have to wonder what doing this adds to the construction costs.
Alan: I am not sure about the costs but, it does make for a much more interesting city environment! In Miami developers are required to enhance the look of parking structures. You'll see structures that are very architecturally interesting. They are 'wrapped', so to speak, in an interesting design. LA and SoCal could learn a big lesson from Miami.

Examples:
[/QUOTE]

Likely easier for L.A. to do this. I am trying to imagine those "fins" in the first image during a hurricane. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom