Canoeing for Color

AlanLichty

Almost perfect water for reflections and paddling. I like the early colors here and how they flank the bow of your canoe.

I have always been fond of the woodwork in the bow of the Bell Magic canoes.

JimFox

Staff member
Super cool Bart! I like the tip of the canoe in the photo, it really adds to this in helping put the the viewer into the photo.

Ben Egbert

Forum Helper
Staff member
It feels like I was there. But mine was a Coleman. I love the way the two trees and there reflection encase the canoe nose. Very well composed.

Bart Carrig

Supporting Member
Thanks all. It was a great morning; misty at first, but it burned off fast, and the colors were quite good. Ben, Al: I also have a nice cedar strip canoe, 2 seater, that's wide and great for packing a lot of gear. I could easily stand up with a tripod in it. But it needs a refinishing -- next year.... In the Bell, it's so narrow it's a challenge to keep still, even with a tripod in it. For some shots, I had to "park" in the reeds, which kicked up some bugs. That's a photographer's life. But you've gotta love every second of it.

Bart

Jeffrey

Supporting Member
Wonderful season there for you, Bart. I like how the canoe tip is showing yet the water surface is glassy and perfectly reflective.

AlanLichty

Thanks all. It was a great morning; misty at first, but it burned off fast, and the colors were quite good. Ben, Al: I also have a nice cedar strip canoe, 2 seater, that's wide and great for packing a lot of gear. I could easily stand up with a tripod in it. But it needs a refinishing -- next year.... In the Bell, it's so narrow it's a challenge to keep still, even with a tripod in it. For some shots, I had to "park" in the reeds, which kicked up some bugs. That's a photographer's life. But you've gotta love every second of it.

Bart
I am well acquainted with trying to stabilize just about anything with the Bell Magic. I never tried using a tripod in mine - just handheld shots. I have to admit I am chuckling over the mental image of even trying :D

Top Bottom