Canary Springs

AlanLichty

Canary Springs is one of the more colorful places along the boardwalks at Mammoth Hot Springs in Yellowstone. I shot this part of the park just after the sun came over a ridge so there were still some deep shadow areas behind the scene. In this case it made a nice contrast to the colorful cascades of mineral laden waters. Technically these are waterfalls but it's kind of hard to see the flowing water when it falls over what looks like flowing rocks.

C&C always welcome.

JimFox

Staff member
Hey Alan, I was wondering if Canary Springs was in the Canary isles? I had forgotten about that part of Mammoth Hot Springs.

I like how it's being lit. Mammoth is a cool place to capture that first light as it comes over the hill on the east and lights up parts.

Ben Egbert

Forum Helper
Staff member
This is really nice Alan, I have never worked Mammoth, I wanted to last time but the park is so big, and we were out in Lamar Valley so we headed back to Jackson. You have some really inspiring images from there.

lightsgood

Canary Springs is one of the more colorful places along the boardwalks at Mammoth Hot Springs in Yellowstone. I shot this part of the park just after the sun came over a ridge so there were still some deep shadow areas behind the scene. In this case it made a nice contrast to the colorful cascades of mineral laden waters. Technically these are waterfalls but it's kind of hard to see the flowing water when it falls over what looks like flowing rocks.

C&C always welcome.
Wonderful!

Top Bottom