A perfect summer storm

AlanLichty

Neat set of lightning captures - I'd be happy to have shot any of these. I can see why you ducked after the display in that last image.

JimFox

Staff member
Awesome Matti! I am glad I haven't been hogging all of the Lightning shots as I have posted several over the last few days.

I can't quite pick a favorite here.... hmmm.... I really like each one for different reasons. You have a barn in one, you have one with 3 bolts, the other ones have lot's of great lightning detail....

M_J_Helin

Thanks!
Personally I like the panorama most (made from 5 images) and the last one. That strike was about half a mile away. That sound was... respectful :D

Bart Carrig

Supporting Member
Outstanding series. I'm with Jim; each a favorite, for a different reason.

Did your hair settle down yet?

Bart

M_J_Helin

Neat shots Matti .. lightning scares me to
much to set up and shoot :oops:
It's scary all right. But for some reason I just love it. Probably a bit like skydiving, seeing lightnings gives me an adrenaline boost.
Of course, you have to be at least 0,5-1 miles away from the storm, otherwise it could get ugly...

Outstanding series. I'm with Jim; each a favorite, for a different reason.

Did your hair settle down yet?

Bart
Not quite :D
It was so surreal. After it started raining, I came back home. It was pouring when I ran inside. Halfway through the run from car to house I saw a bright light. Immediately a cracking sound that was followed by a ear piercing boom. The lightning struck about 200 meters away.

When I got inside, I changed clothes, ate and went to my back yard. I sat down and watched the thunder clouds disappearing into the horizon. It was at that moment I felt so good. Almost euforic, light and happy. Probably the excitement and tension started to fade away. It felt... Weird. :D

M_J_Helin

Thanks.

Here's yet another. I have so many more.. I got more lightnings than two previous years together in one day!

Top Bottom