Prepping the room was a lengthy task since I was trying to disassemble 19 years worth of junk accumulation. I elected to repaint the walls and ceiling since this hadn't been done since I built the old system in 2000. Cathedral ceilings are neat to look at but a royal pain to paint. In this case the wall behind the computer desk is 14' tall so this is extension ladder territory. The room was originally supposed to be a dining room but we had no use for that and it has always been my office space. The chandelier speaks volumes about the mismatch This is what the room looked like last weekend just before moving day: Starting the installation: Assembly complete: What it looks like today while scribbling this thread: The top cupboards will all have cabinet doors that I just got all the raw wood for Wednesday and I do still have to build the storage system that will be on the right of this structure but I now have a much more comfortable desk to sit at while editing images and posting. I might take a bit of a break from making sawdust after completing this part - it has eaten most of my spare time since I started in late November and finished just last weekend. Thanks for following along. I will add to this series when I get the other storage cabinet built and populated with all my camera gear in one place.