In Smoke

AlanLichty

This looks familiar - oh wait I was there at the same time. It did clear out later in the day but mid to late morning was ugly. This looks close to the Schwabacher Landing area.

Alisa

This looks familiar - oh wait I was there at the same time. It did clear out later in the day but mid to late morning was ugly. This looks close to the Schwabacher Landing area.
haha! YES! it was so good to meet you all! so nice to put faces to some of my fellow focal world peps! yeah the smoke was bad that day glad it cleared though for sunset and sunrise the next day. Im trying to remember....

JimFox

Staff member
There is so much negativity in regards to the smoke from wildfires, but I think this is an awesome lesson on how that smoke can make for some really great photos. I think it's one of those things where if the photographer thinks negative, they will shoot negative. Because you had a positive attitude, you didn't see the smoke per say, but you saw a photo ready to be taken.

I have always taken the smoke from wildfires as an opportunity to capture photos that I would normally not be able to get.

So great job here Alisa, on just going out and shooting. I think you came away with something really special. :)

Dean

Alisa,
Very nice, this worked out very well. I like your comp and the pano is a great choice for this image. This light on the front trees works great against the ethereal feeling the smoke has created for the peaks.
Regards,
Dean

Top Bottom